Caprese Lentil Salad Recipe


A healthy and satisfying lentil salad with the classic flavors of Caprese. 
Holy heat wave! As I type this, at 9 PM, it is 87 degrees F inside our house. No, we don't have AC. Which makes me very sad. And very tired since the kids aren't sleeping well. And very sweaty. Sorry.

But this hearty salad makes me very happy. I've been craving cool, refreshing, healthy meals that I can just pull out of the fridge whenever I get a chance to eat. One of my favorite ways to ensure healthy eating is to have healthy prepared recipes like this one in the fridge. I don't usually love lentil salads, but I do love how nutritious they are.  Lentils are a great source of vegetarian protein, iron, folate, fiber, and vitamins and minerals. So I decided to pair lentils with a no-fail combination - Caprese. Tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Always yummy. 

This salad holds up very well and would be great packed in lunches. 

More after the break!


CONTINUE READING THIS POST »
Description: Caprese Lentil Salad Recipe
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 10:45 PM
TOP