Spanakopita Quiche with Fillo Crust

Filo, fillo, or phyllo, whichever way you spell it, it's a delicious lighter option for for quiche. This version with spinach is our family's favorite - and a great way to eat more greens. 
Our girls love quiche, and spinach quiche in particular. It's on our regular dinner rotation, but I get tired of the heavy butter crust. So this week I pulled out a box of fillo dough, added some herbs, and feta, and VoilĆ !! Spanakopita Quiche. I'm not so sure my Greek ancestors would approve of this, but it was delicious! Did I ever mention that for the first 23 years of my life I had a ridiculously Greek last name with lots of "o"s and "u"s in it? Yep! Even the kids loved the crispy layers of this fillo crust. And not just because they're a little Greek too - most all of their little friends gobble up spanakopita triangles. 

Normally fillo can make me a little nervous because it dries out and becomes brittle so easily, but this recipe is so quick that it's not even an issue. 

I had all the ingredients at home before I had even planned on making this for dinner - hopefully you do too! This recipe is pretty foolproof, so feel free to make substitutions. If you don't have green onions, you can leave them out, and feel free to use your favorite cheese, or herbs. 


My only issue with this recipe is that I wasted a lot of extra fillo dough. I think the solution is to make two quiches and give one to a friend. Or maybe this is a good excuse to make a sheet of baklava the next day? I just hate throwing out perfectly good ingredients. What do you think? 

Keep reading for the rest! 
CONTINUE READING THIS POST »
Description: Spanakopita Quiche with Fillo Crust
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 10:00 PM
TOP