My Kitchen Office.....And Where I Put The Wood Locker

Yes, you read the right!  I have an office area in my kitchen.  I know it's not that unusual to have a counter space that has a cut-out underneath so it can be used as a desk.  This is not what I have going on in my kitchen.  I haven't really shared pictures of my kitchen, just bits and pieces and today I'm still not sharing the whole kitchen.  I'm still trying to finish what I'm doing in the kitchen before I can share pictures of the whole room.  

When we were looking for a new home to buy, we knew we wanted something with a nice kitchen that would be great for entertaining.  We didn't expect to find a kitchen like the one in this house.  It's a lovely, open and very large kitchen with a huge island.  It has huge a vaulted ceiling with skylights that let's in tons of light.  There's also a large palladium window above the sink and an extra large sliding glass door that leads to the deck.  This is a big room with lots of light.  I love being in there making a cup of coffee and watching the birds outside.  There's an eat-in kitchen area as well and then my office area.  

In our other homes my office has always been upstairs,  but since there was space so much space in the kitchen I decided I should have it downstairs.  The hubby is using the office upstairs now, but poor guy it's far, far from done!  Last week I got my office area organized and now I feel like it functions well.  Now I can start using it!

Here are some pictures of my office area in my kitchen.

I had originally thought of selling my Pottery Inspired Desk, but I couldn't part with it.  To the left you can see the sliding glass door.  This is a very large door and it lets the light flood in.


What you might notice right away is the painted wood 'locker' I did for Hunter.  It's now in it's home in the office area.  We spend the majority of our time in the kitchen or family room.  Being that the  office area is in the kitchen, it has a good flow into the family room and entry way which are right off the kitchen.  It made perfect sense to put the locker here where we spend the most time and Hunter gets ready for school.  Now instead of him rushing around to find where he 'put' his backpack, shoes, gloves, etc he knows where they are.  Hunter has his own place to put his things.  He was so happy when we put it in place.  He made signs for the inside of the cabinet...one for each person in the family.  Right on the inside of the door there is a sign that reads "Hunter's stuff only!"  It's easy for him to get to and it makes putting his stuff away fun.  

One thing I didn't think would prove to be a problem was too much storage!  Well, too much storage equals too many place to put things and forget where they are.  I'm really guilty of this and unfortunately my little guy seems to do the same thing.  The locker is helping him know he has his space where no one else will put their coat or shoes.  








I bought this chair last year at an estate sale and it's been sitting in storage waiting for me to make it pretty.  For now I want to leave it as is and next to the 'locker.'  I like the style of the chair, even with it's chips, scratches and age.  It think it goes well with the whole look of the office.


The room you can see to the right in the picture, with the dark walls, is the dining room, then beyond that you can see the living room.  The dining room is getting a huge makeover very soon!  I have a very talented friend who's going to help me with that.  I can't wait to get started and share the process with you.  




My desk chair is part of my kitchen dining set.  The set has 6 chairs and I'm only using 4 with the table.  It's comfortable and helps with the flow of the room to have the same fabric throughout the room.  I'm hoping in the next few weeks I'll have everything in the kitchen area ready for some pictures.


Every day our home feels more like home.  Adding personal touches and making it our own feels great.  I'm ready to start on our next project!

Thank you for reading.  If you're not following me here, you can receive my posts via email.  All you need to do is sign up on the sidebar.  

As always I love to hear from you so please keep your comments and emails coming.

Thank you and have a wonderful week!




Description: My Kitchen Office.....And Where I Put The Wood Locker
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 9:32 AM
TOP