Beet Burger Recipe


So, I've had the same lunch for the past 3 days. I just can't. get. enough.
 It all started last week when we had dinner at Eureka!, a fabulous burger restaurant. It's casual, but with high quality food. Our server brought the girls complimentary watermelon and avocado slices when we got there, along with coloring pages and crayons. Mama did a big sigh of relief and the kids stayed in their seats the whole time. I tried Eureka!'s San Joaquin Veggie Burger, which was made out of beets. All the food surpassed my expectations. Especially this veggie burger. I had to have more. I think I have a beet burger addiction.  

This is such a satisfying comfort food recipe, but so healthy and plant based you can feel good about eating it. I made extra with the plan of freezing some for the next time we have burger night. But then I just kept eating them for lunch. I loved being able to chomp into a hearty burger that was non-greasy. Top it with some cheese if you like - I chose fresh mozzarella. It's like Michael Pollan said, "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly Plants." I like you, Mr. Pollan, I like you. I didn't know if I was going to be able to come up with a recipe for beet burgers, but these are exactly like the one I remembered. Eureka! 
It's all super simple. Toss a can of beans, some raw beet chunks, garlic, and some basil in the blender or food processor and whirl it around a few times. 

 Read more after the break! 
CONTINUE READING THIS POST »
Description: Beet Burger Recipe
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 9:04 AM
TOP