Forgotten Pieces

There was a time when I was a lot better about keeping up with my blog.  When the weather changed so did my blog habits.  I work out of my garage and need the weather to be warm to paint.  I miss working outside and listening to the birds and squirrels while I paint!  Enough with this winter, bring on some spring!!

 Last week I was looking for a picture on my computer and came across several projects I never wrote about.  Since I'm not painting right now I figured I might as well share some of these 'forgotten' pieces.  

I was lucky enough to find all three of these pieces at estate sales.  I love a great estate sale!  Part of the fun for me is walking around a house and peeking where you never get to peek!  I've been to some great estate sales in some interesting houses.  

These tables I purchased at the most interesting house I've ever been in.  I went to the sale and was in the first group of people allowed in.  I jumped all over these tables.  The shape stood out to me and I knew they could be beautiful again.

Here's what they looked like before


The finish was peeling off and they were screaming for a new lease on life.


I'm always a sucker for a turned leg and some curves.  I adore the shape!


At the end of the summer I started selling a few pieces in an adorable shop about an hour from my home.  I knew these tables would be perfect for the store.  I decided to paint them in a custom Annie Sloan Chalk Paint color.  I mixed Paris Grey and Louis Blue together with a dash of Graphite to make this dark grey-blue color.  Then I painted the top in Old White and added on some stripes in my custom color.  Lastly I took some sand paper and roughed up the stripes.

Here's the after.  I love these tables, but they're now being loved in someone else's home.



I like the effect on top.  Reminds me of linen.




Another 'forgotten' piece is this adorable French chair.  It may not be French, but when I looked at it I immediately thought of Paris.  



When I saw the chair I knew I was keeping this one and I knew exactly what I wanted to do to it.  A simple white was of Old White on top of the paint and a new upholstery job.  It took me about an hour to bring this one back to life.

Here's the finished chair


Watered down Old White chalk paint brushed on then lightly wiped off.  After that I sanded a few spots put on a bit of dark wax and finished off the seat with some new foam, batting and of course some Paris fabric.


Anyone who knows me, knows I love Paris and the Eiffel Tower.  This chair is so me!!


I'm swooning over the detailing in this chair.  






And the arms....I don't think I've seen an arm like that before.



I don't think I will ever be able to part with this one.  



 I still have many more projects I hope to share.  The weather has been perfect for staying in and catching up on blogging and other projects.  One of my projects on my to do list was to fix up my blog. I recently found someone to pretty up the blog and she's working on it now.  I can't wait to share the final product and have a blog that is as pretty as the furniture that graces the site.

Stay warm everyone and thank you for reading!

Melody



Description: Forgotten Pieces
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 1:32 PM
TOP