purple kale chips: easy healthy snack recipe

Pin It
 
I'm excited to share this super healthy snack with you today. Purple kale chips are crispy and salty and gorgeous. Any recipe that gets my kids to happily eat an entire bunch of kale is a winner in my book.

Last weekend the girls and I strolled through the farmer's market filling up our bags with berries, blood orange juice, beets, and greens. I hope this cute farmer doesn't mind being on the blog :) I can't remember which farm this lovely display is from. Maybe McGrath? Any Santa Barbara friends know? Perhaps I'll go find out next Saturday. Our favorite treasure from the day was a bunch of purple kale.  

 
I've had kale chips from the grocery store and was not impressed, although the kids liked them. These were so easy to make and were devoured less than an hour after they came out of the oven. The purple kale made more delicate kale chips, and of course was more beautiful than any store-bought kale chips. Tuscan or lacinato kale can be substituted, but the ribs will need to be removed and the kale will need to be cut into smaller pieces. Salty crispy purple kale chips are my new favorite way to get kids eating greens. We will definitely be making these again next weekend.

Purple Kale Chips 

1 bunch purple kale
2 tablespoons olive oil 
coarse sea salt 

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Trim an inch off the ends of the stems. Drizzle kale with olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt. Place kale on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, turning once.
Pin It
Description: purple kale chips: easy healthy snack recipe
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 8:39 AM
TOP