A Santa Barbara Halloween {Life}


Whew!  After about a week of Halloweening I'm ready to get back to reality and detox from candy overload. How about you? I swear I have no idea where my daughter's Reese's went. We kicked off the festivities with Boo at the Zoo at the Santa Barbara Zoo, which was so much fun, but swarming with too many animals of the human variety. We continued with a lovely event making s'mores, trick-or-treating at a spooky glittering candy bar, and eating popcorn while watching The Nightmare Before Christmas under the stars at the luxe Bacara Resort. Perfect. 
Santa Barbara's weather doesn't exactly feel fallish. It's been in the 70's-80's, I've been wearing summer dresses and tank tops, and get excited at the slightest orange hue in a fallen leaf. My fall boots are feeling very neglected.
Yummy Mummy iPhone photo



Yesterday I ran 9 miles along the water. My second to last training run before the Santa Barbara International Marathon (half). It couldn't have been more beautiful. Though next year I am determined to see some fall leaves. A trip to New York may be in order.

Here are my top picks for family Halloween fun in Santa Barbara: 
  • PEP's Rockin' Halloween Celebration (super fun annual park concert for kids put on by an awesome organization)
  • Boo at the Zoo at Santa Barbara Zoo
I just picked up my little Tinkerbell from school. Sick. So we'll be staying in tonight. I hope you have a safe, fun Halloween! 

Description: A Santa Barbara Halloween {Life}
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 1:20 PM
TOP