WHAT?!! I've Been Blogging For 2 years?!!




I can hardly believe I'm writing a post about my two year blog anniversary!  When I started on this journey, I began writing on a dare.  I never thought anyone would read what I wrote, but I was pleasantly surprised.  It's definitely been a journey over the last two years...there have been ups and downs, but I wouldn't change a thing.  I've been looking at all I've done over the last two years and I honestly can't believe it myself.  I thought I would share my top ten favorites with you....because really all my projects are my favorites, but I'll narrow it down to just ten :-)


Here they are in no particular order!






1. Mahogany Two-Tone Buffet

This is one is one of my favorites for a couple of reasons.  I love the transformation, but also I sold this buffet to one of the sweetest women I've ever met.  Through this sale, I gained a like-minded friend who shares my passion for giving old pieces new life and someone who has been there for me when times are rough.  One bonus to making friends with clients is I can visit my furniture in their homes!  :-)   This mahogany piece was a beast, but turned out to be an amazing beauty.  You can read the entire post here



2. Race Car Inspired Dresser

I'm probably a bit biased on this one, but it's still one of my favorites.  This dresser was given to me by one of my very kind readers. Since it was such a generous gift, I decided to refinish this one for my Son, Hunter.  He loves anything car related so I designed a race car inspired dresser just for him using red, white and blue Chalk Paint™.  Hunter loves this dresser!  You can read the entire post here.



3.  Feeling Navy Blue Dresser

This is probably my absolute favorite project of all time.  I found this dresser on Craigslist and it was a mess.  I had a can of Chalk Paint™ by Annie Sloan in Napoleonic and thought, "Hmmm, maybe I should do a navy blue dresser!"  I was worried it was a bit too out there, but when I was done I was in love.  I miss this one, but it has a wonderful new home.  You can read the entire post here.



4. Pottery Barn Inspired Desk

This one is one of those, "Why didn't I think of that sooner?" projects.  I found two golden oak filing cabinets at my local Goodwill.  One night while trying to fall asleep, I came up with the idea of turning them into a desk.  This is one of my most pinned and viewed projects.  I'm still using this desk and it works perfectly for me.  You can read the entire post here.



5. Master Bedroom Makeover Using A Cutting Edge Stencil

This is one of my recent finished projects.  I love this project because of how it turned out, but also because it allowed me to practice my true passion, designing, planning and decorating a room.  Since I was a little girl I've wanted to be an interior designer, so anytime I can play designer is a fun time for me!  The Cutting Edge Stencil I used on the wall was easy and really adds a WOW factor to the room.  You can read the entire post here.



6. Creamy Empire Dressers

I know there are two dressers for this one, but they were a pair so in my mind they count as one!  :-)  This is another example of meeting great people through selling furniture.  This set of dressers were custom finished for a very sweet woman who became a good friend and one of my most frequent buyers!   She loved these empire dressers as much as I did and we decided to paint them in this gorgeous Cream Chalk Paint™ by Annie Sloan.  When I was done with them I wasn't sure I wanted to part with them!  However, they found a great home where they're loved.  You can read the entire post here.



7.  1960's Dresser Update

Yes, your eyes aren't fooling you...this is the same color as the Creamy Empire Dressers.  Cream has been a very popular color with my readers.  This is another custom order dresser.  I found this dresser and fell in love with the shape and details.  The client wanted it painted in Cream Chalk Paint™ and the top to be refinished and stained.  It was a tricky job, but it turned out beautifully and the client was happy.  It's another one of those, "Why did I sell that dresser?" projects.  You can read the entire post here.



8. A Desk Makeover for the Hubby

I was lucky enough to have some good friends who gave me this beautiful desk  The Hubby happened to need a desk, so it was perfect timing.  I love it when things workout like that!!  I didn't have to do a ton to this one.  I painted it in Chalk Paint™ and left the top as-is.   I think the desk turned out perfectly.  It's such a beautiful transformation and shows what a little paint, wax and work can do to a piece of furniture.  You can read the entire post here.




9.  A Modern Update on a Classic

This is my latest project on the blog and one of my favorites.  I had this piece sitting in my garage and basement for over a year.  I was going to sell it, but I just couldn't part with it.  When I finally got time to work on it, I was excited.  I am so happy with how this dresser turned out.  My custom color,   a mix of Chalk Paint™ by Annie Sloan,  is one of the reasons this piece turned out so nicely.  This dresser is well over a hundred years, but it will live on for another hundred years now that it's been given this gorgeous update.  This is now in the Hubby's office and it looks perfect in its new home.  You can read the entire post here.



10.  Vintage Gas Station Map Desk

This is another piece I refinished for my Son, Hunter.  This desk was given to me by a very generous friend.  I loved the desk and couldn't believe she was parting with it!  I decided to keep the desk and use it in Hunter's bedroom.  It was also perfect timing that I found a huge lot of vintage gas station maps at an estate sale.  Since Hunter loves anything car related, I went with a vintage gas station theme and I love how it turned out.  Better yet, Hunter was over the moon excited about his new desk.  You can read the entire post here.



This has been a lot of fun for me.  There are so many great projects that I didn't share, but there's only so much time, right?!  As I was searching through photos and blog posts I realized there are a lot of projects I have never even shared on the blog.  Maybe I will go back and find these projects and share them in another post...My Top 10 Unshared Favorites?  Maybe!  



I have to thank you for reading, commenting and emailing me with your kind words.  There have been many times over the last two years I wanted to quit blogging, but then I'd get a wonderful email from a reader that made me change my mind.  There have been many times when I've been feeling down or frustrated, then I would receive an email from one of you that would make my day.  Without all of you, there would be no blog.  I appreciate all of you and your support of My Passion For Decor.

As I look over the last two years of projects, I'm amazed at how my style has evolved and my confidence has grown with each project.  There are lots of projects I have planned, so stick around and see what I have up my sleeve!  

Thank you again for reading and keep those emails and comments coming!









Description: WHAT?!! I've Been Blogging For 2 years?!!
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 11:58 AM
TOP