Our New Addition!

No, we didn't have a baby or adopt a pet!  Although a dog would be a wonderful addition to our family don't you think?  That's not happening anytime soon with the Hubby's allergy to dogs!  I mentioned our new addition a few blog posts ago....Our Restoration Hardware couch!

I have to mention here that the Hubby is a big fella!  He's 6'6" tall and in the almost 15 years we've been married has never had a couch that he felt fit him and he was comfortable in.  About a year ago we were out shopping for a new couch and looked all over.  We found one at Restoration Hardware and one at a local furniture and design store.  In that year, we moved to a much smaller home and put the new couch on the back burner.  That was until a few weeks ago when the Hubby had a bit of a meltdown and said he was tired of our current couch and wanted to torch it.  I knew then we couldn't put off getting a new one.  Back we went to our local furniture and design store where we found a couch he liked, but I didn't like it that much.  I didn't like the fact it was fabric, which was what we already had, except it didn't have a slipcover like our current couch.  I knew from experience that someone would spill something on it or get dirt on it and then I'd be frustrated and be stuck with an expensive and ruined couch that couldn't be washed.  Then we went back to Restoration Hardware.  The Hubby sat in the couch we had seen a year prior and I must say in our almost 15 years married to one another I don't think I've EVER seen him so comfortable.  When I sat on the couch, well, I kinda sunk in with my legs stretched straight out and realized this was going to be tricky.  I found a comfy spot on the corner surrounded by pillows and decided I could make it work.  I cannot sit on the couch and touch the ground, but it is comfy!!!  The couch is 49 inches deep and I'm 5'5" tall....you do the math :-)

Here's a picture of the new addition.  The lighting isn't the best because it was pouring rain outside when I took this and had to turn on every light in the room!


One of the things I liked about the couch was the lovely, soft and aged leather.  I felt it was a good compromise for the both of us.  If something gets spilled on the couch, just wipe it off!  Also, I liked the classic details like the rolled arm and the wooden leg...not to mention the distressing on the leather!  


Now, you might be thinking, "Does she have enough pillows on that couch?!"  And the answer is NO!  It's so deep you need lots of pillows when you're short like me to nestle in and make your nest.  
Speaking of pillows....the pillows I had on our other couch weren't all working with the new couch.  I've been searching for 2 weeks for pillow covers.  I finally found these striped pillow covers last night at Pottery Barn.  They used to be denim and they were used as floor cushions in the basement, now they have new covers and are a much needed addition to the new couch.  


I took this picture to give you an idea of the depth of this thing!  I told my friend it feels like a twin bed and it really does.



The day the couch was delivered the Hubby had to work.  I knew it was driving him crazy not to be there when his new 'baby' was delivered!  When he got home he came in the house so quick he left me standing out on the driveway!  He was so excited!!  I came in and he was sitting on the couch with that look of comfort on his face that I hadn't seen since the store and I knew we made the right choice with our new addition.  I must admit at first I was very uncertain about this couch, but after living with it for the last 2 weeks I can say without a doubt that I'm in love <3

Description: Our New Addition!
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 11:38 AM
TOP