A Personal Request for Help

Today I'm taking a break from food blogging to focus on something far more important. And ask for your help.
4 years ago when my daughter was born I joined a mommy/baby group and met a beautiful mommy with a perfect healthy baby named Gwendolyn Strong. Six months later we got some horrible HORRIBLE news. Gwendolyn  had been diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy, or SMA. SMA is the leading genetic killer of young children. There is currently no treatment and no cure, but there is hope.

Gwendolyn has amazing AMAZING parents. In 2009, our friends, Bill and Victoria Strong, started a nonprofit organization, the Gwendolyn Strong Foundation (theGSF), to fight alongside Gwendolyn and all of those battling SMA. Their goal is to change the future of this brutal disease -- to see the day when SMA is no longer terminal, but treatable.

When I found out there would be a group forming Team GSF to run the Santa Barbara International Marathon in November 2011 I instantly wanted to run the half. Gwendolyn has never run, or even walked, so how could I not run? I was a runner before having kids, and running with Team GSF is a huge motivator to get back into it. Team GSF has a goal of raising $26,200 for the Santa Barbara International Marathon, and I have a personal goal of raising $1,000.

This is where I need your help. Please consider donating to theGSF through my fundraising page. theGSF is an all volunteer organization and 100% of your tax deductible donation goes directly to helping end SMA.

To Thank YOU: If you are a blogger or business owner and donate $50 or more through my fundraising page I will gladly post a 125 x 125 px button on my sidebar for your blog, etsy store, website, etc. until race day in November. That's around 50,000 views per month for your ad just for your donation to this important cause.
  
* Become a “Team Sponsor”: Any donation of $250 or more will be included on the official Team GSF race shirt and will be recognized through all of GSF’s marketing channels (blog, Facebook, Twitter, eNewsletters, etc.) leading up to the race in November. 

Ready to help end this brutal disease? Please use this link for donations:  http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/marinad/santabarbarainternationalmarathon  

Thank you for your support! YOU have made a difference!

Description: A Personal Request for Help
Rating: 4.5
Reviewed by: Unknown
On: 8:06 AM
TOP