Sweet Little Birdy Birthday Party

Hi Friends! Today I'm excited to share the details from my sweet baby's first birthday party. This year has flown by, I cannot believe she's ONE! I had a lot of fun planning this party. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

*if you read my posts via email or feed, please click here and check out the actual blog. I redesigned the site over the weekend!










Photography: Colleen Riley (mostly - some are my photos)

Theme:  Springtime Birdy. L's birthday is very close to the first day of Spring. I was hoping to have the party outside, but it ended up being a little cold, so we stayed inside. I found the Little Birdy paper printables on etsy and thought it would be perfect for a one year old Spring birthday party. I also knew I wanted to have Yellow Bird Music come because my daughter loves music. I was thinking along the lines of Spring/Songbird/Birdy/Music...

Paper Details (invitations *slightly altered, cupcake toppers, boxes, labels, banner): Frog Prince Paperie.

Children's Music: Yellow Bird Music. 
Alex, the owner, came over and played guitar, sang songs, and blowed bubbles while the children drummed, danced and sang, and played with maracas, streamers, and hula hoops. This was a great activity to keep one year olds and preschoolers entertained. We love Yellow Bird Music.

Favors: Lavender scented butterfly bath fizzies from Michael's

Gifts: We asked guests not to bring gifts. L has everything she needs and we just wanted our friends to come celebrate. Some of our friends and family made a donation to the Gwendolyn Strong Foundation in lieu of gifts.

Food & Drinks
I wanted to keep costs down, quality up, and make everything I could homemade or semi-homemade.
  • Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting: "homemade" with ad hoc cake mix
  • Meyer Lemon Glazed Sugar Cookies with Edible Butterflies: homemade click here for recipe. I made these one week in advance and froze them.
  • Parisian Macarons: Trader Joe's. Much less expensive than from a French bakery and no one knew the difference. No I did not have time to make homemade macarons!
  • Raspberry Puff Pastry Cups: Premade puff pastry cups, whipped cream, raspberries.
  • Flower petal treat cups and butterfly wafer paper: Fancy Flours
  • Cadburry mini chocolate eggs 
  • Chocolate covered sunflower seeds from Michael's
  • Passion-Pear Sangria:  made by my mom
  • Boxes of organic milk
  • Pink Striped Paper Straws: etsy
  • Fruit, veggies, cheese and cold cuts platters. I got these at Costco and rearranged on my own nicer platters.
  • Big bowl of tangerines
  • Goldfish crackers served in an apothecary jar

Happy birthday Sweet Girl, and thank you friends and family for celebrating with us. 
    Description: Sweet Little Birdy Birthday Party
    Rating: 4.5
    Reviewed by: Unknown
    On: 9:42 AM
    TOP